Applications are open for the Curtin University Scholarships in Vibration Control and Earthquake Engineering to study a postgraduate degree program in the field of engineering.
The scholarship is the merit-based program open to all commencing Australian citizens or who is Australian Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa or international citizens.
Founded in 1966, Curtin University is the largest university in Western Australia, with over 58,000 students. It has ties with 90 exchange universities in 20 countries. It has three smaller off-site campuses within the Perth metropolitan area.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the postgraduate research program in the faculty of engineering
- Award: Scholarships will be awarded worth up to t $27,596
- Number of Awards: 4 scholarships are available
- Nationality: Australia & international citizens
- Scholarship can be taken in: Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible countries: Scholarships are open to Australian citizens & international citizens
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Scholarships are available to study Ph.D. in the field of Civil and Structural Engineering
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the scholarships applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must have a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or related fields.
- The language requirement is must for the applicant (IELTS, Overall 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0 or TOEFL, Overall 79, Reading, 13, Listening 13, Speaking 18, and Writing 21).
- Applicants who have Master degrees with technical publications and research experiences in earthquake engineering, fluid dynamics, and stochastic dynamic analyses are eligible.
- Non-gender specific
The applicants need to have already applied to study at the Curtin University starting in 2019 to apply to the Scholarships in Vibration Control and Earthquake Engineering.
How to Apply
To apply, send your expression of interest together with required documents via email to Dr. Kaiming Bi (Kaiming.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Submit all your supporting documentation in PDF format, and under 5MB per document. Applicant must attach these documents:
- Personal CV
- English testing score
- Applicants will receive worth up to t $27,596 per annum (2019 RTP rate).
- The duration of the scholarship shall be for three years with a possible extension of up to six months provided the student meets eligibility guidelines as per the conditions of the award.
- If international students will get the scholarship, it will cover tuition fees for the duration of the award.
- The candidate will work with Prof. Hong Hao and Dr. Kaiming Bi on their Australian Research Council (ARC) projects in the areas of earthquake engineering (1 student) and structural vibration control (3 students).